We now offer online membership, simply purchase online for £30 which will be valid for 30 days (Saving between £100 to £300!).
Then bring your order confirmation into History of Video Games and show the box office, you will then be issued with a membership card for that month, starting on the day you come in, not the day of purchase – meaning this is an ideal Birthday or Christmas Present!
You will then have 30 days (1 month) of unlimited video games – each membership is valid for 1 person only and can be used as part of a carers package (carers play for free).
We also do single play all day tickets.
About History of Video Games
History of Video Games is an immersive video game experience for all the family, groups of friends, or a place to go solo. You are Player 1, the hero and protagonist, come join the adventure and step into the game. We have over 300+ video games from classic retro arcades like Space Invaders, Time Crisis, Crazy Taxi, Street Fighter 2, to the entire history of video game consoles + so much more…
History of Video Games with 300+ games and access to the Replay Social Gaming Space with unlimited time to play board games, table top games, collectible card games. Plus access to our Generation games exhibition and our chill out cafe space.
All this unlimited for 30 days!
Closed Monday to Wednesday except for school holidays and Christmas.
Thursday | 12pm until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Friday | 12pm until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Saturday | 11am until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Sunday | 11am – 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Open every day over the Christmas holidays starting 15th Dec until January 3rd 2023.
Open 11am – 6pm weekends and 12-6pm weekdays. (Closed Christmas eve, Christmas day and New Years day)
February Half Term
We are open daily over the February half-term break, starting Thursday 9th February 2023 until Sunday 26th February 2023.
Open 11am-6pm weekends and 12-6pm weekdays.
Easter Holidays (Bristol School Term Times)
We are open daily over the February half-term break, starting Thursday 30th March 2023 until Sunday 16th April 2023.
Open 11am-6pm weekends and 12-6pm weekdays.
Newsflash! – A 1980’s Arcade has been found inside the Galleries Shopping Centre in Bristol, and is accessed by a time travelling purple portal! – want to find out more?
Inside this time traveling portal we have a huge selection of 1980s retro video game arcades, from Space Invaders, through to PacMan, via Donkey Kong to Street Fighter 2, with an ever increasing 90’s selection of arcades and rare Japanese imports. This event is changing weekly, (see all the 100+ games). all arcades are set to FREE PLAY, so no coins required.
We have the entire History of Video Game Console collection ready for you to to play via our curated selection of games and an immersive exhibition to tell you the story of video game history and gaming culture. Check out our socials to see the full games lists, upcoming special gaming events with Esports and Guest speakers, and see what featured games we have this week.
Plus as a special bonus we have teamed up with Replay Social Gaming Lounge, who are located next to History of Video Games and Generation Games the Exhibition, to give you access to everything for one price – three events, one ticket price.
Replay Social Gaming Lounge have over 100 board games, puzzles and card games to choose from. In addition to sevral free-to-play pinball machines with lots more coming up!
Sit-back and relax between video gaming sessions and challenge your family or friends to a different kind of game. The first hour is free as part of the ticket, with subsequent hours charged at just £1 per person, per hour. Check the @replayloungebristol Instagram for more info.
Generation Games : The Exhibition presents the entire history of UK video game consoles in one place for the first time, along with playable game stations, loads of video game trivia and much much more – this is a collection of retro gaming history not to be missed!
- For guests booking a ticket and wanting to enter after 6pm please note that the centre itself is closed, however, we have permission to enter the Galleries Shopping Centre via the entrance called Greyhound Walk. It is situated on Broadmead along from Boots opposite The Arcade, Shopping Centre, about 1 minute from the Tesco Metro. Customers can use the intercom at the Greyhound Walk entrance to gain entry, however if they need further assistance they can call 0117 9290569. Customers will also exit here on close and can walk around to the car park which takes 5 minutes.
- Sessions are advanced booking only, all tickets to be booked online – opening times may vary – please see available tickets for times and dates.
- Tickets purchased can be transferred to any session during the season. All you need to do is bring your old ticket along to the new session, and we will honour it. Management also have the right to do this on behalf of the customer in the event of issues caused by the current pandemic – please check socials before attending to see the current status and guidelines.
- Tickets are not refundable, but are transferable, Tickets booked in error can be transferred to another date, and guests having to isolate, can also transfer tickets to an alternative date and time – no re-booking required, just bring along your existing ticket.
- Arcade machines and all games are free upon entry, no coins required, everything set to free-play.
- Children under the age of 5 have free admission.
- Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Free entry to companions or carers of paying disabled visitors.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Restroom and baby-change facilities are located within the shopping centre.
- You may leave and return as many times as you wish within your allocated session (e.g. to visit the food court).
- For the Board Game Cafe, there is a per person charge to stay and play the games, to cover the cost of staffing and cleaning. The pinball machines in this area are free to play.
- Board Game Cafe is free to sit in and consume drinks and snacks purchased from us, you do not need to play a game – but it’s encouraged.