History of Video Games is an immersive video game experience for all the family, groups of friends, or a place to go solo. You are Player 1, the hero and protagonist, come join the adventure and step into the game.
We are now open until April 24th 2022 with Season 3 of History of Video Games. Which means LOTS OF NEW GAMES FOR RETURNING GUESTS!
1 Ticket for 3 unique events – your ticket is for ALL DAY PLAY – arrive early to maximize your stay.
History of Video Games with 300+ games and access to the Replay Social Gaming Space with unlimited time to play board games, table top games, collectible card games. Plus access to our Generation games exhibition and our chill out cafe space.
All this £13 Adults and £10 Under 14s or 4 any person tickets for £40
Closed Monday to Wednesday except for school holidays and Christmas.
Thursday | 12pm until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Friday | 12pm until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Saturday | 10am until 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
Sunday | 10am – 6pm play all day (last admission 5pm)
We are open February school half term daily Feb 12th – 27th (Tickets are on sale now as a special January offer 2 tickets for £10 play all day) Click here for special offer page.
Open Easter school half term 8th April to April 24th (Tickets are on sale now as a special February offer 2 tickets for £10 play all day) Click here for special offer page.
We also offer private hire – available weekdays, weekday evenings and weekend evenings via [email protected]
Newsflash! – A 1980’s Arcade has been found inside the Galleries Shopping Centre in Bristol, and is accessed by a time travelling purple portal! – want to find out more?
Inside this time traveling portal we have a huge selection of 1980s retro video game arcades, from Space Invaders, through to PacMan, via Donkey Kong to Street Fighter 2, with an ever increasing 90’s selection of arcades and rare Japanese imports. This event is changing weekly, (see all the 100+ games). all arcades are set to FREE PLAY, so no coins required.
Plus we have the entire History of Video Game Console collection ready for you to to play via our curated selection of games and an immersive exhibition to tell you the story of video game history and gaming culture. Check out our socials to see the full games lists, upcoming special gaming events with Esports and Guest speakers, and see what featured games we have this week.
Plus as a special bonus we have teamed up with Replay Social Gaming Lounge, who are located next to History of Video Games and Generation Games the Exhibition, to give you access to everything for one price – three events, one ticket price.
Replay Social Gaming Lounge have over 100 board games, puzzles and card games to choose from. In addition to sevral free-to-play pinball machines with lots more coming up!
Sit-back and relax between video gaming sessions and challenge your family or friends to a different kind of game. The first hour is free as part of the ticket, with subsequent hours charged at just £1 per person, per hour. Check the @replayloungebristol Instagram for more info.
Generation Games : The Exhibition presents the entire history of UK video game consoles in one place for the first time, along with playable game stations, loads of video game trivia and much much more – this is a collection of retro gaming history not to be missed!
Would you like to book a party for a special occasion? We can host you! Please e-mail [email protected] for more information.
This weeks sessions
- For guests booking a ticket and wanting to enter after 6pm please note that the centre itself is closed, however, we have permission to enter the Galleries Shopping Centre via the entrance called Greyhound Walk. It is situated on Broadmead along from Boots opposite The Arcade, Shopping Centre, about 1 minute from the Tesco Metro. Customers can use the intercom at the Greyhound Walk entrance to gain entry, however if they need further assistance they can call 0117 9290569. Customers will also exit here on close and can walk around to the car park which takes 5 minutes.
- Sessions are advanced booking only, all tickets to be booked online – opening times may vary – please see available tickets for times and dates.
- Tickets purchased can be transferred to any session during the season. All you need to do is bring your old ticket along to the new session, and we will honour it. Management also have the right to do this on behalf of the customer in the event of issues caused by the current pandemic – please check socials before attending to see the current status and guidelines.
- Tickets are not refundable, but are transferable, Tickets booked in error can be transferred to another date, and guests having to isolate, can also transfer tickets to an alternative date and time – no re-booking required, just bring along your existing ticket.
- Arcade machines and all games are free upon entry, no coins required, everything set to free-play.
- Children under the age of 5 have free admission.
- Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Free entry to companions or carers of paying disabled visitors.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Restroom and baby-change facilities are located within the shopping centre.
- You may leave and return as many times as you wish within your allocated session (e.g. to visit the food court).
- For the Board Game Cafe, there is a per person charge to stay and play the games, to cover the cost of staffing and cleaning. The pinball machines in this area are free to play.
- Board Game Cafe is free to sit in and consume drinks and snacks purchased from us, you do not need to play a game – but it’s encouraged.
For your comfort, our capacity is 200, but we have reduced this to just 65 players per session, and we will only accept advanced bookings, no cash sales on the door – our venue is also kept clean and tidy, with hand sanitiser and cleaning schedules in place for your peace of mind, and we follow or protocols and government guidelines, please check the UK Government Covid response website to see what these are at the time of visit, as they will vary. Tickets may be exchanged for a later date if we are forced to close due to Covid, and the management have the right to cancel the event as per covid19 UK protocols as outlined by UK Gov. For information on the day of the event, please check the History of Video Games website or social media for all updates – our policy is Game Safe!